3 Free Screen Recording Apps To Record Screen as Animated GIF Images
Screen to Gif is also freeware, open source and portable screen recording application that records screen as animated GIF. Screen to Gif has many options, first download this application from above link and run that file and it will provide recording frame per second to start the recording. It will stay always on top for recording easily your desktop whenever you need.
LICEcap is free and lightweight software that also can capture an area of your desktop and save it directly to .GIF which you can view in web browsers or gif supported software.
LICEcap lets you make movable recording frame which you can move all over the screen and to adjust the size of the frame while recording desktop screen. LICEcap also allows you to add text if you need while recording session. It also provides just like other software a basic output settings and lets you write title frame allowing you to set the time to display title frame and total elapsed time of the video.
View LICEcap demo here
- Record directly to .GIF or .LCF.
- Move the screen capture frame while recording.
- Global hotkey (shift+space) to toggle pausing while recording.
- Adjustable maximum recording frame rate, to allow throttling CPU usage.
- Record mouse button presses.
- Basic title frame, with or without text.
- Display elapsed time in the recording.