How To Make Android Phone as a Bootable USB To Install Windows
There is another great app from Android Google Play store which allows you to boot your PC from .ISO/.IMG files stored on your Android phone. This app is called DriveDroid, it makes you live freely from carrying number of Windows or Linux CD/DVD or USB flash drive with you, as we always carry our phones with us so we’ll have it always, this is ideal for IT professionals and don’t need to carry any additional USB, CD or DVD, it is best for trying Linux distributions or Antivirus rescue-system on the go without the need to burn different CDs or USB pendrives.
DriveDroid App is Capable of:
- Burns any Windows ISO (XP, 7 or 8).
- Burns any Linux-based ISO (ArchLinux, Ubuntu, Knoppix, etc).
- Burns a number of handy ISOs (Hiren’s Boot CD, FreeDOS, BartPE, Ultimate Boot CD).
- Handles UEFI as well as legacy booting.
- Handles GPT as well as MBR partition tables
This post will go through the steps of creating an image in Android phone DriveDroid app and burning an ISO to that image using a Rufus tool.
Step 5: Once image creation has finished you can select the image in DriveDroid app.