How to Configure a WiFi Router from My Laptop
In this post we will set up wireless router with default user name and password of some major brands like: 3Com, DLink, Linksys, Netgear, Microsoft.
First installing a WiFi device by connecting the router to the same computer that is attached to your broadband modem.
Here i assume that you are using internet from broadband modem directly and want to connect wireless router for ease of use.
Here Is A Process To Set Up WiFi Router:
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the broadband modem.
- Turn on the power to the modem.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable into the WAN (wide area network) port on the back panel of the wireless router.
Now broadband modem and the wireless router are connected, needs to be configured.
- Insert another Ethernet cable between LAN Port 1 (back side of the wireless router) and Ethernet port of the laptop, that will use to configure the WiFi.
See Also >> Color Coding Cat 5e Straight Through Cable
- Open your Web browser.
- In the address bar of the browser, type the URL for the built-in setup screen of the wireless router (of the brand like Linksys).
- Press Enter
Depending on your device maker, you may have to enter a user name such as admin and you may have to enter a password.
|Set up with Linksys WiFi Router|
- Once you log in, the home screen of the built-in setup will appear.A typical wizard includes the option to establish a password for control of your router. You should do so. This password is just to control and change settings for the router.
See Also >> How to Create a Workgroup to Connect Computers
Hers is a list of the standard addresses as well as default usernames and passwords from major manufacturers.
|Manufacturer||URL||Default Username||Default Password|