How to Change Windows 8 User Account Password
Here is how changing the Windows 8 user account password:
To change the saved Windows 8 user account password do the following:
- Press the Windows key to display the start screen interface if you are not already there
- Enter Control Panel and select the result with a click or tap on it
- Click on the User Accounts and Family Safety category and there on user accounts.
- Select Make changes to my account in PC settings. This loads the full screen control panel of Windows 8.
- Locate the change your password option and click on it
- Enter the current password and twice the new password
- Press the Windows key.
- Enter netplwiz and hit enter.
- Select the user account you want to configure auto log in for and uncheck the “users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” box.
I’m not fully sure that you need to change the account password before you can configure the automatic login anew. Doing so without did not work on the system I tried it on. I suggest you try the netplwiz option first to see if it is sufficient.