How to Apply for Google Apps for Free
3. Enter the information for Application Identifier and Application Name requested with any dummy data, tick the checkbox for “I accept these terms,” and then click Create Application to proceed.
4. After registration, an “Application Registered Successfully” page will be shown. Click on Dashboard text link from “View the dashboard for My Web Apps.”
5. In dashboard’s left panel, click Application Settings under “Administration.
6. Under “Domain Setup” section, click Add Domain… button.
7. On the next page, look to the right side of the page, and click on Sign up for Google Apps Standard.
8. Now you will be redirected to the free Google Apps Standard Edition sign up page, which allow users to get started with Google Apps for free. Enter your custom domain name and other usual information, then click on I Accept, Create My Account to get the free Google Apps account created.
Note: if you attempt to visit directly the Google Apps Standard sign up page at http://www.google.com/a/cpanel/standard/new3?refererName=AppEngine, it won’t work.