Windows Top Shortcuts and Tricks
* Windows key + D – shows the desktop.
* Windows key + M – minimizes all open windows.
* Windows key + Shift + M – maximizes all open windows.
* Windows key + E – Runs Windows Explorer.
* Windows key + R – shows the RUN dialog.
* Windows key + F – shows Search window.
* Windows key + Break – shows System Properties box.
* Windows key + TAB – Go through taskbar applications.
* Windows key + PAUSE Display the System Properties dialog box.
* Windows key + U Open Utility Manager.
* ALT + TAB – Cycle through opened applications.
* Hold down CTRL while dragging an item to Copy it.
* CTRL + ESC Display the Start menu.
* ALT + ENTER View the properties for the selected item.
* F4 key Display the Address bar list in My Computer or
* NUM LOCK + Asterisk (*) Display all of the subfolders that are under the selected folder.
2. Lock Windows to protect computer :
You can lock Windows to protect the computer when leaving the station easily by creating a shortcut with the path rundll32.exeuser32.dll, LockWorkStation. The Windows key + L is also a shortcut to this feature.
3. Edit sysoc.inf to list all software :
To show all software that can be removed from your computer (including protected Windows services), you can manually edit (using notepad for example) the sysoc.inf file located in Windows\inf\. Just remove the word hide next to the software pack.
Note:– use this at your own risk. Removing critical components of the system will make Windows instable.